|Title||Gentoo Council 2016/2017 Election|
|Election Officials||Creffett, Jmbsvicetto, NeddySeagoon|
|Voting eligibility cutoff||2016/06/03|
|Nomination period||2016/06/04 0000h UTC — 2016/06/18 0000h UTC|
|Voting period||2016/06/19 0000h UTC — 2016/07/03 0000h UTC|
We're pleased to present you the Gentoo Council members for the 2016/2017 term:
- Anthony G. Basile (blueness)
- Andreas K. Hüttel (dilfridge)
- Ulrich Müller (ulm)
- Kristian Fiskerstrand (k_f)
- Richard Freeman (rich0)
- William Hubbs (williamh)
- Justin Lecher (jlec)
We published the master ballot file. This file contains all submitted ballots. Each of this ballots can be identified using a confirmation ID. Every person who voted in this election was mailed their ID by one of election officials. If you haven't received your ID, please contact one of election officials to provide you with that information. Using this ID and master ballot file people who voted can verify that their votes were included during counting votes.
We also published the full countify script output so you can check how the whole vote counting was done.
Gentoo Council 201606 full ranked list of candidates
In this election, the following were the total of eligible voters that have voted:
- Total voters: 242
- Submitted ballots: 90
- Current turnout: 37.190%
Legend: accepted (green), reply pending (grey), declined (red)
If you think you see a mistake in this table, please contact the election officials.
All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-project mailing list. If you were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your nomination on the same mailing list.
- Council elections generally happen once a year.
- The council is composed of seven elected members.
- Nominations are allowed from 4 June 2016 00H00 UTC to 18 June 2016 00H00 UTC.
- Only Gentoo developers may be nominated.
- Anyone can nominate (nominating yourself is OK).
- Nominees must accept their nomination before voting begins.
- Voting is opened from 19 June 2016 00H00 UTC to 3 July 2016 00H00 UTC.
- Only Gentoo developers may vote.
- The list of Gentoo Developers is based on active membership by 3 June 2016 (the day before the election will be opened).
- Gentoo uses the Condorcet method of voting.
- Results should be published the day after voting closes.
Information for Voters
Those who are eligible to vote in this election are all current Gentoo Developers at the day before the election was opened.
How do I cast my vote for this election?
After polls are open, voters should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands, in the order specified.
- votify --new council-201606 — This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
- Edit the .ballot-council-201606 file and rank the candidates.
- Once you're sure, run votify --verify council-201606 to check the validity of the ballot.
- If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your vote using votify --submit council-201606
- In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections (webchat) on the Libera.Chat IRC network. If you think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
- Grab a coffee or a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show...until the results are announced.