Project:Council/Meeting summary guidelines
From Gentoo Wiki
These guidelines for council meeting summaries are the result of reading (and improving) way too many horrible old files. They are intended as recommended best practices, not as a binding policy.
- Anything that was decided by the council outside the logged council meeting within the last month (e.g. a vote on a bug) needs to be added to the summary with reference to the source.
- The meeting agenda or a link to it on archives.gentoo.org should be included in the log and/or summary.
- Agendas and similar documents should be posted to the mailing list(s) as part of the main e-mail body, not as attachment (since the attachments are not shown on archives.gentoo.org).
- Referenced documents (e.g. policy drafts available in somebody's devspace or on a pastebin) should be included in the log and/or summary (at the end). The only exception is texts available on archives.gentoo.org, in our VCSs or on our bugzilla.
- If there was a formal vote, the summary should list voting results (x yes, y no, ...) and the exact wording that was voted on.