Project:Council/Meeting summary guidelines
From Gentoo WikiJump to:navigation Jump to:search
These guidelines for council meeting summaries are the result of reading (and improving) way too many horrible old files; intended as recommended best practices, not as a binding policy.
- Anything that was decided by the council outside the logged council meeting within the last month (e.g. a vote on a bug) needs to be added to the summary with reference to the source.
- The meeting agenda or a link to it on archives.gentoo.org should be included in the log and/or summary.
- Agendas and similar documents should be posted to the mailing list(s) as part of the main e-mail body, not as attachment (since the attachments are not shown on archives.gentoo.org).
- Referenced documents (e.g. policy drafts available in somebody's devspace or on a pastebin) should be included in the log and/or summary (at the end). The only exception is texts available on archives.gentoo.org, in our VCSs or on our bugzilla.
- If there was a formal vote, the summary should list voting results (x yes, y no, ...) and the exact wording that was voted on.