kde-sunset overlay contains old KDE-related packages that have been removed from the main Gentoo tree. These packages include:
- Qt1 (historical copy adapted to compile on modern systems)
- KDE 1 base applications (adapted to compile on modern systems)
- KDE SC 4.14.3
- KDE Plasma 4
- Plasmoids for KDE Plasma 4
- KDELibs 4 related software
Major parts of the overlay such as Plasma 4 depend on dev-qt/qtwebkit SLOT 4 which is not only riddled with security holes but also does not build on a modern system. Any sustainable conservation effort should go into trying to remove this dependency from all packages.
The packages in the overlay are completely unsupported by upstream and may contain security vulnerabilities or break without warning. The overlay itself has no dedicated maintainer so there is no guarantee that it is in a consistent state at any given time.
As it does not have an active maintainer, the
kde-sunset overlay is no longer available and must be added via app-eselect/eselect-repository or manually:
eselect repository add kde-sunset git git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/kde-sunset.git
[kde-sunset] location = /usr/local/overlay/kde-sunset sync-type = git sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/kde-sunset.git auto-sync = yes
- Ebuild repository — a file-structure that can provide packages for installation on a Gentoo system.