Google Summer of Code/2019/Ideas/Redox Relibc Support
From Gentoo Wiki
< Google Summer of Code | 2019 | IdeasJump to:navigation Jump to:search
Redox Relibc Support
Redox is a brand new operating system written in rust, it provides a libc implementation that works both on Linux and on the Redox kernel.
This project aims to be able to have a x86_64-unknown-linux-relibc stage3 produced and pave the way to have portage available to the Redox operating system itself.
- Prepare a relibc ebuild.
- Make sure a the base system could be built on top of it
- Check for errors when building the critical Gentoo toolchain utilities, e.g. building Python3 and Bash
- Report any issues to both Gentoo and Redox
- Submit Merge Requests fixes/improvements upstream to Redox GitLab
- Make sure a viable stage3 could be built
- Have a gentoo-prefix running on Redox
In order to apply on top of the normal Gentoo requirement of fixing an open issue and/or send a pull request, it is required to propose a fix or an improvement on the redox gitlab.
- sodium/sort out the panics
- sodium/proper cli
- sodium/better documentation
- sodium/lookup table for commands
- ion/subtract with overflow <BUG>
- ion/history timestamp
- ion/step by ranges
- ion/document builtins and default variables