Google Summer of Code/2015/Ideas/PortageFUSE
From Gentoo Wiki
< Google Summer of Code | 2015 | IdeasJump to:navigation Jump to:search
Create a filesystem based on FUSE for Gentoo's package tree and overlays. Possible tasks could include:
- Autogenerate metadata-chache in fuse (e.g. for overlays).
- Store filenames only, rsync real files on demand.
- Examine support for squashfs via fuse.
- Remanifest when accessing package directories.
- Support different views by changing the directory structure based on metadata.xml (e.g. maintainer/category/package/).
- As we have a git-mirror for cvs ready, switch between both worlds in the same tree (hide CVS / .git directories).