From Gentoo Wiki
- 2010-10-17 18:00 UTC
- #gentoo-wiki on freenode
- 1. mission statement
- No additions to existing statement.
- 2. Relationship to gentoo-wiki.com
- We need an official wiki, because most developers will not commit to g-w.com. As g-w.com will not move, we have to do our own thing. This means duplicated effort.
- Copy & Paste is not allowed, because of incompatible licenses.
- 3. Spam protection
- No change. Existing spam protection are user registration and captchas on commit.
- An email address is not required. That'd create quite an obstacle for very privacy-aware people.
- 4. Navigation
- No agreement about project/herd portals. Too much work, no big benefits.
- Agreed top-level categories:
- core system
- server and security
- project and community
- 5. Internationalization
- translate extension
- Pro: quality control
- Contra: Only english original contributions are possible.
- Most participants are in favor over the extension.
- There are strong opponents
- 6. Help pages
- We will import the public domain MediaWiki User's guide.
- 7. Who can edit?
- Everyone should be able to edit.
- Exceptions are important pages:
- main page
- widely-used templates
- pages having edit wars
- 8. Quality control
- Flagged Revisions extension
- Pro: Users see only the reviewed informations.
- Contra: We need editors doing the review in time.
- Contra: Authors might becomes frustrated.
- Decision: Too early, maybe later.
- 9. Grand opening
- Next sunday: 23.10.2011
- We need an announcement.
- Categories and help pages are need to be done.