The Foundation Secretary initaties the annual election of trustees, and the Trustees approve key elements of the election process. The execution of the election and documentation of its results are performed by the Election Team.
Foundation Activity - Initiate Trustee Election
The Foundation is responsible for initiating annual elections and has some roles in the process. The election team is responsible for carrying out the election.
Relevant Standards and Regulatory Repositories
Tools and Templates
Roles and Responsibilities
The Secretary is responsible for initiating the election process, and is responsible for assembling the official list of members.
Official Gentoo Repository
The Election Team maintains the official repository of past elections.
- The Secretary adds the annual election to a regular meeting of the Trustees.
- The Trustees agree upon a recording date for membership, nomination period, and election period. The nomination period and election period are one month, and follow the recording date.
- The Secretary sends out the recording date email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- The Secretary sends out the nomination email] to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. and email@example.com
- The Secretary sends the announcement email] to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- The Secretary notifies the election team lead of the need to hold the election.
- During the nomination period, the Secretary publishes list of members as of the recording date.
- Approve list of election officials.
- Election officials execute election. Results are considered official upon certification by the Election Team, and new Trustees take office at that time.
- Trustees - email, trustees at gentoo.org
This page is based on a document formerly found on our main website gentoo.org.
The following people contributed to the original document: Richard Freeman (rich0), David Abbott (dabbott)
They are listed here because wiki history does not allow for any external attribution. If you edit the wiki article, please do not add yourself here; your contributions are recorded on each article's associated history page.