Dell Latitude D810
Dell Latitude D810
This article will describe configuration and kernel options to make make the hardware work in Gentoo.
Work in progress.
The below list is based on the machine this configuration was done one. There might be some variance.
- CPU: Intel Pentium M 2.0 GHz
- Video: Radeon X600 Graphics
- Display: 15.4" 1920x1200 display
- Audio: 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller
- USB: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI
- USB: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller
- Wired network: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express
- Wireless network: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG [Calexico2] Network Connection
Choosing the right install medium
The D810 has a modular bay that could contain a DVD/CD drive, floppy drive or less useful to the install, a battery. Using a CD or DVD is fine, but the machine also supports booting from USB.
If your boot order is not already accommodating, tap F2 (F12?) at the POST screen to get a menu of available choices and boot the install media.
The CPU is an Intel Pentium M.
Processor type and features ---> Process family (Pentium M)
Video device is either an ATI (AMD) Radeon X300 or X600. The R300_cp.bin firmware is used for both.
Device Drivers ---> Generic Driver Options ---> (radeon/R300_cp.bin) External firmware blobs to build into the kernel binary Graphics support ---> <*> ATI Radeon
Device Drivers ---> <*> Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers ---> <*> Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA/SATA support
Device Drivers ---> <*> Sound card support ---> <*> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ---> [*] PCI sound devices ---> <*> Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller
Device Drivers ---> [*] USB support <*> EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support <*> UHCI HDC (most Intel and VIA) support
Device Drivers ---> [*] Network devices support ---> [*] Ethernet driver support ---> [*] Broadcom devices <*> Broadcom Tigon3 support
Device Drivers ---> [*] Network devices support ---> [*] Wireless LAN ---> <*> Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG and 2915ABG Network Connection