Bcache is a Linux kernel block layer cache. It allows one or more fast disk drives such as flash-based solid state drives (SSDs) to act as a cache for one or more slower disk drives.
Activate the following kernel options:
Device Drivers ---> Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM) ---> <*> Block device as cache
emerge --ask sys-fs/bcache-tools
- bcachefs - A next generation, robust, high performance filesystem supporting CoW, compression, and encryption.
- Howto bcache - A Gentoo Forums thread on using bcache.
- Arch wiki - The Bcache article on found on the Arch wiki.
- Patrick's Blog - Patrick , a Gentoo developer, wrote a few short entries on his blog concerning the use of bcache and a multi-disk SATA array back in September, 2014. Read about it here.
- Pommi's blog - SSD caching using Linux and bcache - A 2013 blog entry containing details of setting up bcache.