Chrome is Google's proprietary (closed source) web browser. Much of the source code is released in parallel as Chromium, however there are binary blobs present in Chrome including a Pepper-based version PPAPI of Adobe Flash Player.
Currently there are several versions of Google Chrome available in the main Gentoo repository:
- www-client/google-chrome - A stable version of the web browser from Google.
- www-client/google-chrome-beta - A beta version of the web browser of Google.
- www-client/google-chrome-unstable - An unstable version of the
nightmareweb browser from Google.
Each of the packages listed above contains the following USE flags.
Select one of the Chrome packages to emerge above. Here the primary stable Chrome package will be installed:
emerge --ask www-client/google-chrome
Most configuration aspects can be found in the Chromium article. Head over there for configuration information.
- Chromium — the open source version of Google's Chrome web browser.
- Firefox — Mozilla's solution to the web browser.