From Gentoo Wiki
|Gentoo Emacs/Elisp Project|
|Description||The Gentoo Emacs Project handles Emacs and Elisp related packages in the Gentoo package tree.|
|Parent Project||Gentoo Lisp Project|
The Emacs project maintains the following herds:
|emacs||fauli, graaff, jauhien, ulm||GNU Emacs applications and Emacs Lisp add-ons|
|xemacs||matsl||XEmacs editor and the associated xemacs lisp packages|
- Our developer information summarises what must be known when maintaining Emacs and its packages in Gentoo. Even maintainers of packages with optional Emacs support (by
USE="emacs") can learn something about the internal goings.
- A devmanual section contains hints how you can configure your Emacs as Gentoo developer.
- Xft support for GNU Emacs shows you how to enable and use antialiased fonts for Emacs.
- Test plans for Emacs packages that need testing when being keyworded or stabilised.
Mainly intended for the Emacs maintainers themselves, of temporary nature:
- Packages that need stabilisation
- Packages with (possible) sitefile problems
- Removed packages and removal candidates
- Miscellaneous notes and work lists
- Documentation on XEmacs on Gentoo is available. It contains information for users to explain how Gentoo deals with some aspects of XEmacs, and information and support scripts for Gentoo developers.
Other Emacs implementations
- Other Emacs-like editors are also available in Gentoo, in addition to GNU Emacs and XEmacs.