Translations:Bugzilla/Bug report guide/41/en
From Gentoo Wiki
- Search Bugzilla before posting a bump request - is there already a bug open? Has the local Portage tree been synced lately; is it already in Portage?
- Avoid zero-day bump requests (wait at least 48 hours after the release announcement)
- Has it actually been released by upstream sources, or is it just marked in the source tree? Some projects mark a release in the tree long time before it is officially released.
- Be sure to mention if it compiles and runs well on your arch. Any other helpful information you provide is most welcome.
- Add a link to the upstream website
- Give a link or list of fixed bugs or new features (sometimes called changelog)
- Write a summary in the form app-editors/vim-12.3.5 version bump