From Gentoo Wiki
- Btrfs snapshots - Script that creates snapshots when files have changed
- Btrfs/System Root Guide - Use the Btrfs filesystem as a collection of subvolumes including one as a system root.
- Btrfs native system root guide - An alternative guide on using a subvolume in a Btrfs filesystem as the system's root.
- ext4 - The default filesystem for most Linux distributions.
- Samba shadow copies - Using Samba to expose Shadow Copies as 'Previous Versions' to Windows clients.
- Snapper - A command-line program capable of managing Btrfs filesystem snapshots.
- ZFS - A filesystem that shares much in common with Btrfs, but has licensing issues.