From Gentoo Wiki
- Btrfs snapshots - Script that creates snapshots when files have changed
- Btrfs/System Root Guide - Use the Btrfs filesystem as a collection of subvolumes including one as a system root.
- Btrfs native system root guide - An alternative guide on using a subvolume in a Btrfs filesystem as the system's root.
- Ext4 — an open source disk filesystem and most recent version of the extended series of filesystems.
- Btrbk - A backup tool for btrfs subvolumes, taking advantage of btrfs specific capabilities to create atomic snapshots and transfer them incrementally to specified backup locations.
- Samba shadow copies - Using Samba to expose Shadow Copies as 'Previous Versions' to Windows clients.
- Snapper — a command-line program capable of managing filesystem snapshots.
- ZFS — a next generation filesystem created by Matthew Ahrens and Jeff Bonwick.