Project:Infrastructure/Project File Hosting
Projects can host files on Gentoo infrastructure.
Web resources are made available via HTTP. This service replaces the functionality of the old CVS repository for the historical www.g.o main site.
Items that are not permitted include:
- Files referenced in ebuilds, including but not limited to distfiles, patches, or linked documentation
- Project page-like HTML pages (should be on the Wiki instead)
- Large files or resources that expect a lot of traffic (please consult with Infra for alternatives)
Per-project storage sizes should not exceed 100MB, unless approved by Infra.The distfiles/ directory is reserved for future use.
- Git repositories: git://git.gentoo.org/sites/projects/$project.git
- URL: https://projects.gentoo.org/$project/
- Update frequency: every 30 minutes (:15, :45)
- No CGI scripts are executed
- Directory listings are enabled
Requesting the service for a project
Projects are assigned a directory name related to their project and an associated Git repository by Infra upon request via Bugzilla.
The request should include a list of developers with +w (or request the current project roster to be used).
Redirects from www.gentoo.org are also possible in reasonable amounts.
Proper distfile hosting will be made available at a future stage.