- Date: March 9
- Time: 09:00-10:40 UTC
- Place: #gentoo-meetings on Freenode IRC
0. Roll call
- Present: pesa, pinkbyte, yngwin, radio
- Absent: hwoarang (announced), kensington (unannounced), wired (unannounced)
1. New contributors
Pinkbyte joined the team: welcome! Users radio and B-Man have expressed interest in joining as well. Pinkbyte expressed interest in keeping psi maintained, radio in pyside.
TODO We decided to make a page for new contributors on our wiki project space, with guidelines, best practices and links to documentation.
2. Qt5 progress
We still need to split off some apps from the existing ebuilds, and add some important modules. Also, a fix for bug #451456 is needed. We are targetting Qt 5.1, expected to be released in June, for inclusion into the main tree.
3. Overlay mirror
Team members were unanimous for using github as secondary mirror for the qt overlay, and retire our use of gitorious. We will use github's pull request feature as an easy way for users to contribute. Primary will remain git.overlays.gentoo.org, and bug reports remain at bugs.gentoo.org.
4. Remaining TODO items from last time
- qt4-build eclass implement l10n.eclass translation handling: TODO yngwin (low prio)
- focuswriter elog: Done yngwin
- psi version bump: Done psi 0.15 is in tree, psi+ snapshot is pending (low prio)
- qtgui elog messages: TODO yngwin
5. Open bugs
- bug #457050 - Let's see what toolchain & sparc teams have to say. Deadline in 2 weeks. Done
- bug #433944 - Done Fixed by pesa. pinkbyte
- bug #447368 - Need to investigate. TODO pesa (low prio)
- bug #460886 - Done Code, that trigger errors was removed from eclass, thanks to pesa. pinkbyte
6. Open floor
The dev-qt category move went well, apart from a slight hickup with qthelp, and hwoarang's script not using --force on already broken packages. Some users complain about breakage, but refuse to file bugs...