From Gentoo Wiki
- Enhanced df (disk free) tool, which uses colors and a semi-graphical representation of disk usage.
- ncurses-based disk usage tool, with easy navigation through the filesystem tree to see du results.
- Attempts to replicate the functionality of the 'old' apm command on ACPI systems.
- a Linux ACPI client, allowing you to query or set ACPI values. It provides a.o. information on battery status, AC adapter presence, thermal reading, etc.
- Resource-specific view of processes.
- Interactive process viewer (improved alternative for top), with easy function-keys for process management.
- Simple top like I/O montior.
- Active OS fingerprinting tool. This is Xprobe2.
- A FrameWork for layer 2 protocol attacks. Working on DHCP, STP, IEEE 802.1q and also some other Cisco properitary network protocols.
- ncurses based utility to display real time statistics about network traffic.
- console-based network monitoring utility
- console application which monitors network traffic and bandwidth usage in real time
- Network traffic monitoring
- Ncurses based monitor for IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN cards
- GNU Midnight Commander is a text based file manager
- Console file manager with vi(m)-like keybindings. Offers familiar navigation for vim junkies.
- Enhanced pager (alternative to more and less) with colored highlighting. Also consider app-editors/vim with USE=vim-pager.
- Generic Colouriser beautifies your logfiles or output of commands
- Command-line interface to various pastebins
- readline wrapper
- command line interface to X selections (clipboard)
- Dynamic virtual terminal manager
- Visual diffing tool for binary files
- a top clone for mysql